A Halloween Karoa-Key Social

Ari Cobb

Birthday freshmen Cali and Ari Cobb and Seretha Foreman take a selfie at the social Oct. 29,

Grace Kelly, Reporter

Key Club celebrated with a Halloween-themed karaoke night after a month of fundraising with Brew Tea Bar at 702 Karaoke on Oct. 29. 

The social was planned a day before Key Club International’s annual Regional Training Conference, an event filled with workshops, presentations, and volunteer opportunities, with this year’s being held online.

The night began with a half-sung version of “good 4 u” by Olivia Rodrigo, but as the group became more comfortable, they sang nonstop for nearly three hours and enjoyed various Korean dishes throughout.

“Karaoke was awesome.” Senior Miguel Castano, the club’s Vice President of Events, said. “My favorite moment was seeing everyone hyped up and singing together.”

Towards the end of the night, President Rei Vong (11) stopped the music to give a happy birthday to freshmen Seretha Foreman and twins Ari and Cali Cobb, all three of their birthdays being that same weekend. This was quickly followed by a Key Club rendition of “In Da Club” by 50 Cent.

“It was amazing to be surrounded by loving friends,” Foreman said. “It got better finding out some members can really sing!”

The evening closed with a group serenade of “Just the Way You Are” by Bruno Mars.

Key Club is planning more socials such as this, one of which may be in conjunction with Liberty High School’s Key Club.

“There were good vibes all around,” Vong said. “I would like to plan more fun activities such as this. Anything to hang out with my fellow club members again in a more casual setting!”

Key Club is continuing to sell Brew Tea Bar boba tea every Friday after school for $5, as well as accepting new members at meetings every Thursday in Room 200.