Skyhawks wrap up season with 9-0 record

Varsity Football heads to state game on Nov. 18

Courtesy of Derrick Lyons

After playing a game against Desert Oasis on Oct. 22, the Varsity Football team celebrates their 76-20 win during senior night.

Joycelynn Leuta, Staff Writer

Ending the season with an undefeated record, our Skyhawks make their way into the playoffs. On Oct. 22, the football team played their last regular-season game against Desert Oasis beating them 76-20, making our Skyhawks 4A Desert division champs. The road to state may still be ongoing, but the seniors have finally come to realize that this season was a memorable one.

“I can’t thank the coaching staff and my teammates enough for what they did for me these past four years,” said senior Scottie Fai’ivae. “They are the reason why I am the person I am today.” 

Fai’ivae is a right tackle. He has come a long way in the past four years. His memorable moments were about them winning the division title and having an undefeated record this season. He feels that the season was such a success because of all the hard work and effort that was put into it as a team.

After beating Coronado in the 4A state semifinals, our Skyhawks move on to the State Championship against Shadow Ridge on Nov. 18 at Allegiant Stadium. To retrace our steps back into the regular season, Silverado beat Shadow Ridge 50-29. Now, they’re facing each other for the championship. What will happen? I guess we’ll wait and see. 

For this game, there will be no vaccination needed. The parking cost is included within the ticket, so you don’t have to pay extra. You will be able to bring a bag, but it has to be clear. Artificial noisemakers will not be allowed. Face masks must be worn, unless actively eating or drinking. There will be no re-entry.

Continuing with the championship game, the official game will be held at Allegiant Stadium on Thursday, November 18 at 3:40 p.m. The ticket prices are $14 for adults and $7 for students with an valid school ID. Children that are 8 and under are admitted free. You can purchase tickets at this link: niaa.com/tickets