Freshman class committee starts anew

With high aspirations from president Diego Ramirez, the freshman class committee develops new projects.

Courtesy of Diego Ramirez

On Nov. 19, members of the freshman class committee meet at Desert Bloom park for a trash clean-up event.

Kristyann Esteron, Editor in Chief

The freshman class committee is in its development process of various types of projects such as gaining new members, increasing communication between members, and brainstorming ideas for fundraisers and volunteering events.

Led by president Diego Ramirez and vice president Jamison Vidal, the freshman class committee is very focused on setting up volunteer events that directly benefit our community. Even if it’s small, they plan on helping clean up the school after hours to show our appreciation for the custodial team and organizing trips to the park to pick up trash.

Their mission statement for class committee would be getting the freshman student body involved in and excited about school activities. 

“I really do want to get people involved and excited about something that their school is hosting whether it be a donation program or some sort of after-school event,” Ramirez said.

As far as specific goals, Ramirez wants to plan at least two fundraisers where they are able to raise at least $100 by the end of the year. Additionally, he wants to be able to set up a successful clean-up program around the school for the freshman committee members to participate in. 

“There’s a lot of work to do, and I’m working on the things I need to do as a president to be able to be the person I want to be for my committee in accomplishing our goals,” Ramirez said.

In order to achieve these goals, Ramirez started implementing a few different checkpoints for himself in terms of stages in completing a task. For example, he had an idea to get around 15 people together to meet at a park after school and organize a trash-collecting event. Recently, he was able to officially manage a date to start getting people to sign up. With that, he has confirmed that the entire committee will be able to go. 

“It’s a lot of learning and growth in my part to kind of start understanding more about the work ethic that I need to hold myself to be the successful leader that I see and admire in many other people,” Ramirez said.

Freshman class committee meetings are held every Monday in room 222 from 1:25 -2:05 p.m. after school. They highly encourage freshmen to attend for fun activities and to help our school.