Skyhawks named on all-southern Nevada Football Team

Courtesy of Derrick Lyons

After playing a game against Desert Oasis on Oct. 22, the Varsity Football team celebrates their 76-20 win during senior night.

Neena Vazquez, Staff Writer

Congratulations to the Silverado students named to All-Southern Nevada football team. The following students were honored in the Las Vegas Review-Journal: Skyhawks named to the first-team offense portion were WR-Jaden Thrower, ATH- Donavyn Pellot and OL- Tim Powers.  Thrower and Powers are both seniors on the Silverado football team; Pellot is a junior. 

Two Skyhawks named as first-team defense are LB- Chris Federico as well as DB- Shyne Johnson. They are both juniors who played in the state championship at the Allegiant Stadium.  

The second team for the offense included QB- Brandon Tunnell and RB- Caden Harris, both juniors as well. Senior Derrick Lyons received an honorable mention.

Our coach here at Silverado, Andy Ostolaza, received the coach of the year award. He also received this award from the Raiders organization. The Las Vegas Review-Journal stated that Ostolaza  “guided the Skyhawks to an undefeated season and their first state championship in dominating fashion. Silverado outscored its opponents 628-128 in its 12 games.¨