Isbell ready to give all during senior season

Varsity volleyball captain hopes winning season takes team to State championship

Dave Brooks

Isbell up to serve in a scrimmage match against Centennial HS at Silverado on Aug. 23.

Xalia King, Reporter

Senior libero Jordan Isbell says her goal this volleyball season is to “make it to state for her last ride with the team.” 

Isbell has been on varsity since her freshman year here at Silverado, and she has earned the role of captain for the ’22-23 season. She says she feels no different from last year, however,  when she was playing as a “non-captain.”  Encouraged by making it to the semis last year, she’s ready to compete and make it one step closer to that state finals spot. 

This journey for Isbell has not always been easy. Within these past years, she has dislocated her knee and torn her MCL twice. This did set her back, but she “bounced back” and kept working. 

Isbell has lots of role models in her  life, in and out of volleyball. Zoe Fleck, the libero at the University of Texas, is one of her biggest role models.

“She is one of the best college players who play the same position as me and she’s the goat,” Isbell explained. “She is the definition of a student athlete, being super smart and extremely athletic.” 

Another one of Isbell’s role models is her mom, as she “really picks her up after a loss,” she said.

Isbell enjoys high school ball, being able to play with her friends and making memories. This really helps her prepare for club season as it gives her extra reps and really fine tunes her skills. Isbell is now playing at T-Street Las Vegas for her 18’s club season, and she is “so ready” to finish out her last season strong. 

Being a senior, she has been getting ready for college. Isbell hasn’t decided where she is going to, but “anywhere on the west is what’s ideal.” Wanting to play volleyball in college helps keep her motivated during hard times throughout the season. Trying to finish her last “ride” with no regrets is her main goal.