Students excited for ‘All American’ Season 3

Immanuel Williams, Staff Writer

The CW television show “All American” has gained promise and is one of the most popular shows on Netflix. It is an American sports drama television series which dropped its first season in 2018 followed by season 2 in 2019. Season 3 was supposed to air in 2020, but with the Covid-19 crisis and everything that was going on, season 3 got pushed way back to 2021. 

The much anticipated season 3 aired on CW on Jan. 18. It is safe to say that the TV show did even better than the previous season’s numbers. In the latest ratings, the CW’s “All American” opened up season 3 with 1.06 million viewers and a 0.4 demo rating, beating out its previous rating of 880 K and 0.3. All of the episodes of season 3 will drop in increments. Every Monday at 8/7 central the show will air on CW, and you can stream it free.

Many students watch “All American” and expect to see a lot from this new season. Sophomore Erika Roberts is very curious to see what happens this year in season 3. Considering how well both seasons one and two did, it will be interesting to see how season 3 goes in its entirety.

“I’m not sure what to expect yet, but I like the show because it’s very entertaining,” Roberts said. “It can sometimes be relatable, and I love watching the drama that always happens.”

Not only is “All American” entertaining, but it is also based on a true story with real meaning behind it. Season 3 will carry out that same meaning. With the show being based on a true story of former NFL player Spencer Paysinger, the show gains respect and an audience that many can relate to. Senior Justin Donahue-Eckert really feels that this show is special and feels connected to it.

“The reason this show feels special is because it’s about football and the main character is a star, but it also shows what he goes through,” Eckert said. “It makes you feel like part of the story. They try so hard to connect start to finish.”

Overall, “All American” season 3 is a show you don’t want to miss, not only for teens but for adults as well. The drama and the seriousness of the cast all make for an outstanding, “must see” TV show.